- B League - 9/26/06 - GN-BRUINS 13, LI-Saints 7
- C League - 9/8/06 - #1-STORM 9, #2-Woodstock 1
- D1 League - 9/10/06 - #1-JACKIE REILLYS 6, #6-Scorpions 2
- D2 League - 9/8/06 - #4-MINIONS 7, #3-Phantoms-Red 4
- E1 League - 9/9/06 - #2-CYCLONES-E 11, #5-Raging Bulls 5
- E2 League - 9/12/06 - #2-BANSHEES 3, #5-Rats 0
Championship Game Recaps
- B League
- B3 - Blitzkrieg - GN-Bruins overpower LI-Saints 13-7 with seven unanswered 3rd period goals
- Exploding for eight third period goals, the Bruins broke open a close championship affair and defended their summer B league crown. In winning this title, the Great Neck crew used the same blueprint as last summer - play close through the first two and then demoralize your opponent with a final period rubber shelling. The Saints, who twice rallied back from multiple goal deficits, took a 7-6 lead with 9:37 remaining. The back-and-forth play up to that point in no way suggested the onslaught that followed. Starting only 22 seconds after the Saints took the lead, the Bruins scored seven times in the final 9 minutes. Chris Ferrazoli lead the Bruins offensive with 3 goals and 5 assists. Kevin Faraci contributed 2 goals and 3 assists, and Adam Greene chipped in with a hat trick plus a helper.
- C League
- C3 - Category 5 - Storm swamp Woodstock 9-1 to win C crown
- Behind six Jim Starr goals, the Storm unleased a relentless offensive attack to steamroll Woodstock in a reversal of their spring C championship matchup. The crucial Starr tally was his third. After Woodstock converted a second period powerplay to close to 3-1, Starr took the ensuing centerice faceoff, skated in unchecked, and roofed the puck just 6 seconds later. The goal stunned Woodstock. Any momentum they generated was lost, and the quicker, more determined Storm dominated the rest of the night en route to their championship payback.
- D1 League
- D3 - Jumpin Jack Flash - Jackie Reillys exterminate Scorpions 6-2 for D1 championship
- Scoring twice in the first five minutes, Jackie Reillys never looked back in capturing the D1 title 6-2 in their inaugural season. J Reillys would again score twice at the start of the second to open an insurmountable 4-0 lead. The Scorpions gathered some fight when they converted both ends of a double minor middle second to close within 4-2. Jackie's goalie, Mike McGrath, however, stymied the Scorpions rally and saw his teammates salt the championship away with two third period goals. DJ Balsdon and Garry Knott each scored twice for the champions.
- D2 League
- DD3 - Back in Black - Minions mince Phantoms-Red 7-4 to repeat as D2 champs
- Scoring three times late in the second period, the Minions broke open a tight, tense game to cruise to the D2 summer championship. A scrappy Phantoms-Red side hung tough for most of the first two periods. The Phantoms successfully employed a rope-a-dope defense, bolstered by the stellar goaltending of Chris Vience, that frustrated the speedier Minions squad. Captain Grant Joried ignited the critical Minions flurry with a putback of an errant shot that eluded the Phantoms defense. Chris Rybacki scored just 20 seconds later and Greg Gusz notched the gamewinner four minutes after that. Gusz later completed a hattrick with a third period breakaway that put the game, and championship, out of reach.
- E1 League
- E3 - Midnight - Cyclones sends Cinderella home and captures E1 title 11-5
- Exploding for six third period goals, the Cyclones blew away the Raging Bulls pixie dust dreams to win their first summer championship. The determining point of the match came early in the final stanza. Just 80 seconds into the third, the Raging Bulls closed to 5-4. After a Cylcones' timeout, the Bulls continued their heavy pressure and seemed certain to tie. But, off a goalmouth scramble, Cyclone goalie Dan Andrews channelled Hasek and, while prone on the ice, deflected a labelled topshelfer. Predictably, the Cyclones corralled the rebound, turned the play up ice, converted a nifty 3-on-2 and never looked back. Mike Makotinsky led the Cyclones attack with 2 goals and 3 assists. Kevin Moloney and Ryan Yost each contributed a hat trick.
- E2 League
- EE3 - Third Time the Charm - Banshees finally wear a summer crown with 3-0 shutout of Rats
- In their third consecutive summer final, the Banshees finally get it done with a complete performance in a spirited, crisply played championship match. Each team generated numerous chances as they went back-and-forth with few whistles. Although the Rats outshot the Banshees, it was the champs who converted their chances. Bill Canner scored in the first and John Cardinale potted two in the second to provide all the scoring. Goalie John Carlisi was impenetrable turning away 26 shots.